Welcome to the Maxi Owners Association
Please feel free to browse our public section for information about Maxi's and our Association. Members may log in at the top of the page. We always welcome new Maxi Owners from anywhere in the world so please CLICK HERE for membership information.
You might also be interested in Maxi Yachts of Sweden on Facebook to meet even more members of the Maxi community.
- WEST COUNTRY RIVER YEALM RALLY REPORT 4/5 SEPTEMBER 2021
- SHEPARDS WHARF RALLY REPORT 25/26 SEPTEMBER 2021
- MOA Yarmouth Rally 19th/20th June 2021
- Island Harbour Rally 25th/26th May 2021
- 25% discount of the Cruising Association membership
Dear fellow Maxi Owners
Your committee has booked the following locations for this season’s rally programme; details are subject to revision depending on COVID rules at the time.
1. 10th/11th April – Lymington (Dan Bran pontoon) – Cancelled due to ongoing COVID restrictions
2. 25th/26th May – Island Harbour – Note – New Date
3. 19th/20th June – Yarmouth
4. 4th/5th Sept – River Yealm
5. 25th/26th Sept – Shepherds Wharf & UKSA
Rally details, joining instructions and host yacht information will be issued in due course.
Regards,Richard M Sams – MOA Chair
Andy Horwood – Rally coordinator.
We have been contacted by Jon Akehurst who is interested in buying a Maxi 1000 – great choice but I may be biased owning a Maxi 1000 myself!
If any members are interested in selling their Maxi 1000, please contact Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Committee recently had a successful Zoom meeting.
- We are preparing a 2021 rally programme using, as a base case scenario, a rally structure that respects “outside” restricted social meetings. It would be good if we could find some new faces as Rally hosts, existing members will help provide guidance and support for the role. Any ideas for new locations? Please email to discuss – email@example.com
- The MOA “Whats App” has been very successful with 44 active participants. If anybody would like tips on the best way to use this app please contact any of the committee members. One to one chat can be done using the “call” icon on the top right-hand side of the page. We have had active input from outside the Solent which has been encouraging. Please take a look.
- In order to keep track of our membership (& boats) we will continue with our annual membership levy. As there has been no MOA rally activity this year, we shall be sending members a token gift, in recognition of your continuing support.
- A couple of our long-standing committee members, Peter & Sue Stonestreet, are standing down this year after seventeen years dedicated work. Peter & Sue have been very active committee members and their enthusiastic input will be missed. We thank them both for all their hard work over the years. They will continue to be MOA members.
- Next year’s AGM location will be finalised as soon as we have a clearer picture of the COVID lockdown situation. We look forward to seeing you then.
- Don’t forget to support the UK participants in the Vendeeglobe race. The web site is full of interesting statistics, Alex Thomson is 7th, 14.1 nm behind the leader, close.
Members will appreciate that our rally programme has been in hibernation as a result of covid. Despite all the challenges, members have managed to sail to France & the West Country. A casual look at the MOA “Whats App” message service will give some idea of sailing activity. (contact Julian on firstname.lastname@example.org with your mobile number if you would like to be added to the group).
We are planning an MOA Rally for Sat 3rd Oct/Sun 4th Oct so please hold the date in your diary pending an invite & final details nearer the time. The rally will be at Cowes Harbour – Shepards Wharf. Current restrictions permit a raft of two vessels maximum, with written permission from each boat. Overspill yachts will be berthed on the river side of the outside pontoon. Prepayment is required, with no refund. The option of a socially distanced dinner at UKSA is still pending confirmation. If that does not happen, we will organise some sort of DIY supper possibly in the Sugar Store.”
MOA – Committee Chair
Richard M Sams
Spotted on the internet by Jim Turner is this supplier of replacement hatches and windows for certain Maxis which may be of interest. Models covered are Maxi 68, 84, 87, 77, 95, 909/999 and Maxi Fenix.
Contact details for Plexifix: