Dear MOA members,
With current Covid restrictions, we are unable to run the Lymington rally on the 10th/11th April and have had to cancel it.
The current Covid restrictions are expected to ease on Mon 17th May so we are planning on the basis that we will be allowed to meet outside in groups of up to 30 people. In view of this, we have moved the Island Harbour rally to mid-week on Tues 25th/Wed 26th May. This also gives us the advantage of a spring tide.
Peter & Joan Lloyd (Walk of Life) have kindly agreed to host the rally; they are berthed in Island Harbour.
We have booked berths for ten boats & two BBQ troughs so, if you want a slot, early booking is recommended.
High Water at Folly Reach on Tues 25th May is 1040hrs BST. Free flow through the locked entrance ends approx 30 mins later at 1110hrs. Locked entry is then available for approximate 2 hours for a 2m draught – for timings on the day contact the marina office on 01983 539994 or call Island Harbour on VHF80 when passing Folly Reach. Mention you are with the MOA rally to get appropriate berthing instructions (should be grouped together).
The Island Harbour website is recommended reading!!
If you are planning to attend please email Peter Lloyd and cc Andy Horwood. (p.Lloyd2011@btinternet.com and email@example.com) with your boat name, type (or length) and approx head count.
The MOA “What’s App” group is proving a great success and is a useful source of maintenance advice. If you would like to join, please contact Julian Trimming, who manages the group.
Andy Horwood & Richard Sams
Dear fellow Maxi Owners
Your committee has booked the following locations for this season’s rally programme; details are subject to revision depending on COVID rules at the time.
1. 10th/11th April – Lymington (Dan Bran pontoon) – Cancelled due to ongoing COVID restrictions
2. 25th/26th May – Island Harbour – Note – New Date
3. 19th/20th June – Yarmouth
4. 4th/5th Sept – River Yealm
5. 25th/26th Sept – Shepherds Wharf & UKSA
Rally details, joining instructions and host yacht information will be issued in due course.
Regards,Richard M Sams – MOA Chair
Andy Horwood – Rally coordinator.
Members will appreciate that our rally programme has been in hibernation as a result of covid. Despite all the challenges, members have managed to sail to France & the West Country. A casual look at the MOA “Whats App” message service will give some idea of sailing activity. (contact Julian on firstname.lastname@example.org with your mobile number if you would like to be added to the group).
We are planning an MOA Rally for Sat 3rd Oct/Sun 4th Oct so please hold the date in your diary pending an invite & final details nearer the time. The rally will be at Cowes Harbour – Shepards Wharf. Current restrictions permit a raft of two vessels maximum, with written permission from each boat. Overspill yachts will be berthed on the river side of the outside pontoon. Prepayment is required, with no refund. The option of a socially distanced dinner at UKSA is still pending confirmation. If that does not happen, we will organise some sort of DIY supper possibly in the Sugar Store.”
MOA – Committee Chair
Richard M Sams
The last rally for 2018 is approaching fast and will be at Shepards Wharf on Sat 29th Sept/Sun 30th Sept. This is a change to the advertised date in the 2018 rally programme. High tide at Cowes is 14.18hrs on Sat 29th & 14.37hrs on Sun 30th Sept (BST). Contact Shepards Marina VHF 80 on arrival and advise part of Maxi Rally – Tel 01983 297821